Micromax recently teased the upcoming Micromax Canvas 4, as we all know the popularity of the Canvas series, it has been taking on the big guns like Samsung, providing some excellent hardware at a very low price. The Canvas, Canvas 2 and the Canvas 3 sold like hot cakes in Indian markets with some astounding sales numbers. Micromax aims to continue the series with the Canvas 4, according to the video pre-booking starts end of June. The Canvas 3 was sold out in a blink of eye when it was announced.
Video can be viewed here.
The specs are going to be mostly the same, it is just an evolution rather than a revolution.
- It will be powered by a Quad-Core Mediatek MT6589 Cortex A7 chipset running at 1.5 GHz
- PowerVR SGX544 GPU clocked at 802 MHz
- 2 GB of RAM
- The phone will have a 4.99′ FHD-IPS 1080p display, which has great viewing angles as seen on some chinese phones like Zopo and a very narrow bezel which will be a cherry on the cake.
- 13 MP Rear Camera and a 5/8 MP front camera(Yep, 5 or 8 MEGAPIXEL FRONT CAMERA xD) with 1080p recording at 30 fps.
- Bluetooth 4.0
- A bigger 3000 mAh battery.All this in a plastic case that looks like Nexus 4 in the front. The video is much like what Samsung used to tease the Galaxy S4 earlier this year. The phone will be running Android 4.2.1 out of the box. Micromax has also promised to give 4.2 to other Canvas phones.
The Micromax Canvas 4 will be priced somewhere between 17K to 20K.
Many people do complain that these are just copying Samsung. People in the market just go out and buy Micromax just because it is cheap. “Micromax ka quad-core 15000 me hai and Samsung ka 35000 me :P”
“Some Indian TechHeads and geeks do hate Micromax for these reasons, but sometimes I do wonder whether Samsung was also hated like this in their beginning days in South Korea? :P”
But Micromax does pack in a punch and Samsung has taken quiet some beating from the Canvas series, even though the hardware is typically from a Chinese manufacturer it will be interesting to see how it shapes up against its competition.